Ordering DE online??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bloom_ss, Aug 7, 2011.

1. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    So, I haven't been able to find any place locally that sells the right kind of DE. You would think that since I live in a large city SOMEONE would have it, but I have tried everywhere I can think of to no avail. (Unless I'm just looking in the wrong places??) Where do you all get your DE from? Is there a good place online (with decent shipping costs) that you order from?

2. jaygrim

jaygrim Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2011
    I used ebay but I got mine from someone over here in the UK.

3. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I saw it at tractor supply for $13 for 20lbs

4. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Quote:We don't have any tractor supply here in WA. [​IMG] I went to all the local feed stores and I can't think where else to find it except online.

5. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

My tractor supply doesn't sell it. You can do a google search and find 50 lb bags for under 30 dollars...but you'll have to pay for shipping. [​IMG]

6. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    I talked to my vet about DE and he said that the studies he has seen don't support DE as a good internal parasite ridder, this was after I had bought $15 worth of it at the local farm coop store..... he did say that he felt it could be beneficial in the run for dust bathing.... but as far as a wormer or anything else, he said it wasn't effective and even in some animals could cause impaction because of the weight of it and it settling in parts of the gut.

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I would look up small scale feed stores in your area. ASK them if they can order it for you if they don't carry it (cost about $30). One local feed store here did that for me - no shipping on my part. The shipping would be the killer if you ordered on-line.

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I've boughten eBay online. I finally found a store that carries the 50# bags!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by