Ordering ducklings online?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by hayleyasaurus, Aug 8, 2011.

1. hayleyasaurus

hayleyasaurus Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    East Windsor
    Hey has anyone ever ordered from Ducksforbackyards.com? Had a bad summer and I need to get some new ducklings to be friends with my one year old cayuga but I haven't had any luck finding ducklings near me. I was thinking of ordering online but a little worried about it, do you think it is a good/safe idea to order ducklings online? Are there any sites that are known to be reliable? Thanks

2. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    I've had good luck with Metzer Farms. They are in CA, though, and you don't mention where you are. When it's hot outside, I would try to get them as close to home as possible.

http://www.metzerfarms.com

3. hayleyasaurus

Feb 13, 2011
    East Windsor
    ah okay yeah that makes sense I live in New Jersey so I guess I hafta keep searching for somewhere closer. thanks

4. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    try craigslist

5. njduck

njduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Where are you at in NJ. I have a little over a hundred ducks of different ages, not to mention there is also an auction nearby that has ducks

6. hayleyasaurus

Feb 13, 2011
    East Windsor
    Yeah craigslist was my first thought too but I really want a Peking and the only people who have any never responded to my e-mails. Thanks though

Oh wow that would be great!! I live in East Windsor I don't mind taking the drive if it's far though, thanks:)

7. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    It might be best for you to find local BYCers who could supply you. If that doesn't work out, go ahead and try some of the big hatcheries like Metzer and McMurray. I've gotten my Khaki Campbells and Indian Runners from McMurray and have been very happy with them. Their minimum order is only 10 ducklings.

8. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    If you are ordering online, I vote for Metzer Farms. My runners are gorgeous and arrived safe and sound in mid-Florida. You can check craigslist. Just depends on what you want quality wise etc. I wanted good quality birds which is why I went with Metzer.

9. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state
    Quote:You can actually order as few as 2 ducklings from Metzer--you'd just have to pay the minimum order fees, which add up to about the same as 10 ducklings.

10. njduck

njduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    I am in Pennsville, NJ. I have pekins, runners, and muscovy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by