ordering from welp. What are your experiences?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ljblue, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ljblue

ljblue Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2012
    Southeasten Ohio
    ordering from welp, just want to see what people experience with them are? [​IMG]

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    I plan on ordering from them as i cant find odd colored wyandottes anywhere else. :)

3. ljblue

Nov 30, 2012
    Southeasten Ohio
    Same here [​IMG] I am planning on get blue and blue laced red wyandottes <--other hatcheries have sold out almost already or not saleing them, light and dark brahma,lowa blue or cornish and speckled sussex

4. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011

I wanna get buffs blues and blue laced reds along with meaties. Lol i should place my order now so i get them first lol

5. jaj121159

jaj121159 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    Northeast Nebraska
    I've had good luck with Welp. I've gotten birds directly or through a local feed store chain that sell Welp birds. I literally just placed an order with Welp this morning.

6. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    I placed my order today im hopeing it turns out nice unlike the last two places i ordered chicks from.

7. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I have gotten ducks through the local feed store( that orders from Welp) in the past. They were all healthy and happy and true to type (cayuga) I even got mallards for free b/c they were sent by mistake and the feedstore lacked the proper license to sell game birds.

8. chickenjudy

chickenjudy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2013
    Most of what Welp sells comes from other sources, oftentimes other major hatcheries. That said, they give great customer service, good prices and I've ordered from them multiple times and always gotten very strong, healthy peeps. I have an order coming in the second week of February, in fact!

9. ljblue

Nov 30, 2012
    Southeasten Ohio
    Thanks. [​IMG] I just worried about chicks traveling long distance I been buying from meyer but they are selling out of the chicks i want.

10. ljblue

Nov 30, 2012
    Southeasten Ohio
    does anyone of pics of welp birds they like to shared I would love to see them like blue and blue laced red wyandottes light and dark brahma,lowa blue ,polish or speckled sussex but any birds would be fine.thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by