ordering online vs in person

jezzikins88

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
I know there is prolly a list somewhere on here but ordering online yes or no? If so what site to go and what not to? I'm a first timer here and am building my chicken housing little by little but some help would be greatly appreciated :)

I don't think I've ever ordered in person, I have always done it on-line, I have ordered from several hatcheries. I sometimes try to pick the closest one to me so the shipping is cheaper and they get to me more quickly. It also depends on what you are looking for. Some hatcheries sex chicks some don't.

Thats one of my biggest fear is getting nothing but males...I'm a total newbie with chickens

Thats one of my biggest fear is getting nothing but males...I'm a total newbie with chickens
Then you will want to buy pullets those are female chicks, sraight run is un sexed. and some hatcheries require a certain number of chicks to be ordered like 25. But some hatcheries don't have that requirement. Is there a tractor supply near you or another farm type store? they have chick days and you can pick out your own and they are usually sexed. Also research sex link chickens those chicks can be sexed by their coloring the same with auto sex chickens. Just search in the search bar here on BYC and you will be able to get tons of info

I oh we went to tsc and they all sucked their were not up to pare even the manager said ''these chicks suck''

Back
Top Bottom