ordering peacocks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KWAK, Jan 20, 2011.

1. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    This summere i baught 2 peafowl. 1 was a male and the other a female. shortly after i baught them the male died [​IMG]
    soo im looking to get a mature male from a website that will ship a peacock?(i cant find any around me for sale. and if i do, the birds are in horrible condition)
    does any one know of a good website???? it doesnt matter what color( i just need a male lol)
    i live in MI [​IMG]

2. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ive used leggs peafowl before, Try them.

3. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Try deerman he is in Ohio and uses this forum give him a PM.

Steve

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yes I still have a few, young and older ones, do ship , but the shipping cost is not cheap 65 to 110 depends on size.

try some of these breeders in your state.

http://www.peafowl.org/breeders.htm#mi

5. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    Deerman, do you have any peach or split peach males left. I have two peach pied hens but my male died unexpectedly thus winter.

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I have gotten pea's from Leggs peafowl and Bow's peafowl. I recommend them both.

Steve

7. KWAK

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:is 110 just for the shipping or just the peacock? what is the average cost for shipping and the peacock?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  8. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    Depending on where you are I would say 65 to 75 dollars plus the box for 1 adult male. Most breeder charge 25.00 for the box I sending 2 hens up north and it 91.60 for the postage plus the box. You can go to the USPS site and calulate the price http://www.usps.com/prices/express-mail-prices.htm

9. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:is 11 just for the shipping or just the peacock? what is the average cost for shipping and the peacock?

Peafowl depending on age the price varies: India Blue being the less $ and Pure Java Muticus-Muticus being the most $$$$.

Blues up to a year old $25.00 to $45.00 each depending on what state your in, Yearlings will be higher.

Most breeders will not sell Pure Javas until they are older (yearlings) so they can be sexed (you can have them DA sexed for extra $$)
    they will start at about $250.00 to $1500.00 each depending on who has them, the imports being the most $$$$.

Then add box and shipping to the cost of the bird.

I hope between Doug and myself this helps answer your question.

Steve

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  10. KWAK

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    all of the websites only have year old peacocks [​IMG] i dont want a yr. old lol i want one thats at le 3 yrs old lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by