1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ordering silkie

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by DK, Jan 25, 2009.

1. DK

DK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Bangor Alabama
    :Has anyone had good luck ordering silkie from any of the hatchery?I have order from ideal before 25 frizzle got 27 all are doing fine at three month.Two of the rooster have bare spot where there no feather. All the other look good.Order from MM three or four different time all turn out good {a little higher priced than ideal} Just want some silkie to go with all the other{ just what i need more chick} Thank for any help DK:

2. nursebay

nursebay Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2008
    Inkster, ND
    I just put in an order for silkies and frizzles from Ideal.....What can I expect shipping to be just curious. I read everywhere and wasn't real sure what to expect. They were closed on Saturdays (which why don't they have to feed and water and care for animals on the weekends too?)

3. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:Ideal shipping charge for me was about 17.45 They charge a small order fee. A 1/4 box fee and then an air mail fee. I thought it was a little much, but I wanted the chicks. Oh well.

4. DK

DK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Bangor Alabama
    when i order from ideal i used the mail in form all the shipping cost was about ten dollard are so.They send a letter to confirm my order and tell the day the peep would be ship.One are two day after they were at the post office just peeping away. DK

5. nursebay

nursebay Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2008
    Inkster, ND
    oh wow...thanks. I was just hoping it wasn't like 50 bucks or anything

6. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    I ordered 8 silkies, 2 banty top hats and the price for 10 birds and shipping was just under $40

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by