Ordering the parts/racks/whatever and a hovabator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bettacreek, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Ok, I'm doing price checking before I order. I'm getting a hovabator forced air with an auto turner for quail eggs. Now, I'm looking at Cutlersupply.com and I'm a little confused. I can purchase the forced air bator with either the 1611 or 1610. The 1610 and 1610 are listed as "1611 Auto Turner For Chicken Eggs" and "1610 Auto Turner Combo". Can I purchase one of these with the turner that I want, and then purchase JUST the quail racks listed as "GQF 1686 Quail Egg Racks"? Is there any difference between the turner, or is it just a pop on/off rack that is different? Or do I have to purchase a forced air incubator, then buy a seperate "1612 Auto Turner For Quail Eggs"?

Thanks guys, I know, it's probably a stupid question, but I don't want to get blindsided by ordering something and having it arrive and not be able to set it up and use it right away.

2. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
  3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Wish I'd seen that. I'd have done some quail!

W/ shipping I got the same thing for $191... and no eggs!

Shucks!

4. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    *Sigh* So many options out there, lol. How is one supposed to choose and make a FINAL decision?! Lol. Thanks, I'll have to mull it over, thank goodness I have another week to think it over.

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    What kind of quail were they? For some reason, I'm thinking bobwhite, but is that right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by