Oregano good for chickens?

Oregano is wonderful for chickens!!! I put oregano essential oil in my chickens water alot! I usually put it in at a ratio of 2 drops to a gallon of water.

Do you put it in their water and how much? Is it good for them?? Thanks!!
Thank you for the question! There are a few ways to feed oregano to chickens.

1. If you are just giving them leaves, then you could just set the leaves around the coop and run and let the birds decide how much they want to eat.
2. You could also place a plant near their run or in their free-range area and allow them to eat what they want.
3. You could make some tea with the leaves and then provide that as their drinking water for a few hours a day. Just be sure that the water has cooled before providing it to the hens. Nobody likes burning their tongue on hot tea.

[TR] Thank you for the question! There are a few ways to feed oregano to chickens. 1. If you are just giving them leaves, then you could just set the leaves around the coop and run and let the birds decide how much they want to eat. 2. You could also place a plant near their run or in their free-range area and allow them to eat what they want. 3. You could make some tea with the leaves and then provide that as their drinking water for a few hours a day. Just be sure that the water has cooled before providing it to the hens. Nobody likes burning their tongue on hot tea. [/TR]
oh awesome, thank you so much! Ok I was wondering about that bc I heard it's like a natural antibiotic, and I'm all into the natural stuff
1f60a.png
it's probably going to be hard to get them to eat it
1f61e.png
they are spoiled with goodies. I may have to do the tea truck! Thanks so much for your response
1f60a.png
263a.png

Oregano is wonderful for chickens!!! I put oregano essential oil in my chickens water alot! I usually put it in at a ratio of 2 drops to a gallon of water.
I'm so glad I asked about this I knew I would get great info
263a.png
thank you for your response! Where do you get your oil?

I'm so glad I asked about this I knew I would get great info
263a.png
thank you for your response! Where do you get your oil?
I get my essential oil from a company called doTERRA (latin for gift of the earth). I feel like brands you would typically buy at the health food store will not do any good. The oil I get is a bit expensive, but it is the best quality you can get, and when you are a wholesale member, it is not a bad deal. Wholesale: $24.00 Retail: $32.00. Msg me if you would like to know more. I promise I am not trying to push anything on you though.:)

Back
Top Bottom