oregon 4h

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 2hot2chicken, Nov 29, 2011.

1. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Anyone here in washington county, beaverton (area) oregon and in 4h showing chickens?
    We had a 4h group we were going to join but they disbanded and the people we knew in the group are no longer gona show as their kids are getting "to old" to do 4h, (boyfriends are more important)...... And they don't know of any other groups with kids showing poultry.

I posted on CL a while back to find a 4h group and got no responces so I thought I would check here 1st.

My daughter is really excited about about the idea of meeting other kids with chickens and hopfully winning some ribbons for her silkies..... Just going to shows would be fun for her though. I thougt she coulda stayed all day in the poultry barn at the fair this year. Unfortunatly thought I was 8 months pregnant and Dad worked the day the 4h was showing so we weren't able to go to find a group. The day we went 4h was done a few days before and gone and chickens were already done, though a few were still there.

Any help would be great!

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Hello. [​IMG] You should contact tallyho on here. She is technically Multnomah Co 4H, BUT they meet at Alpenrose Dairy, so depending on where in Beaverton you are, that might not be too far. Or, if it is too far, she would be pretty likely to know someone in Washington Co. [​IMG]

3. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    will do. T/U

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Isn't 4-H run though the farm extension office? I'd check with the extension agent.

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Yes, but if the extension office doesn't KNOW that a club has openings for new members, they won't even tell you the club exists. [​IMG] At least Clackamas County won't.

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Try an ad on Craigslist, "Looking for local 4-H poultry group". Some one in that area knows the information.

7. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Quote:Did that last summer and got nothing but another person lookingfor info.....
    Washington County 4h seems to be kept a secret????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by