Oregon City OR-need to place some ducks and a goose

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
I am moving to NE Washington in the spring and need to downsize before the move.

I have several drakes that need a good home.
One is a Blue Swede, I have 2 mallard/whatever crosses and a fawn and white runner. This group would be perfect for someone wanting an all drake flock for companionship and slug patrol.

I also have 2 muscovy drakes. One is an imprint who loves to be talked to and the other is a a friendly old guy who is calm. With these guys are 2 scovy girls. You can take the 2 drakes together or all 4.

Last (for now) I have a bonded duck/goose pair. She is a white Chinese goose and he is a fawn and white runner. They were raised together and are inseparable. They must go together.

I may have more later.

My requirements are that I receive pics of your set up. I may come out and look and help you make a secure place. Predator proof night pens are a must. That these are pets is a given. I will not ship. These ducks need to be fed, watered and cared for properly and not left to forage for themselves.

email ducklacy at gmail-dot-com for more info

Gumby and Mobert, the drakes, are just regular black ones.
Freckles is white and Silver Lady is...silver LOL.

We are moving to Ione WA.
I wish I could take everyone with me, but it is impractical right now.

I just looked through my pics and don't see any recent ones. I will take some in a few and post them.

Cool, thanks!

Oh, I guess I should ask how old are the Muscovies? I don't anything too old...my own oldest birds are getting close to 6 & they are slowing down with the fertility rates.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How long till you move? We were wanting a couple pair of Muscovy but we were not going to do it till the fall. Sounds like you may have a home for them.....but if not let me know. I can always re arrange my set up now before winter sets in.

Awwwww......I hate to see ya leave O.C.!

Jessika,

Let me know if you're still looking for a pair in the fall. My MIL has 30+ and she's going to start butchering them when the snow hits.
sad.png
I'm trying to sell them/find them homes ASAP before they go into the freezer. They are all descendants of my original pair--otherwise, I'd take my MIL's birds, but I need to get some new bloodlines.

Thanks,

~Heather

that's great that you are finding some new homes. i wish i had gotten in touch earlier. i bought a pair of ducks for pets and slug control just a month ago. they are cute but very light foragers. i could maybe take a couple more good slug eaters. i am worried that the small hen would be to out numbered by the drakes though.???

Quote:
The Fawn and White runner and one of the crosses have been placed.
The rest are still available for that perfect home.

Back
Top Bottom