Oregon folks (Washington too) - Chicken Swap in Salem on June 13!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by K7 Menagerie, May 5, 2009.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    CHICKEN SWAP!!!!! Scheduled for Salem, Oregon on Saturday June 13 at 3:00 pm!

***UPDATE*** - Location is Cascades Gateway Park, 2100 Turner Rd. SE. Look for the green Subaru with the Chicken Flag!

I have: Bantam cochin, giant cochin, ameraucana, blue laced red wyandotte, and black copper maran. [​IMG]

What do YOU have?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Depending on day and times I would like to join in. I have some BO's, broad breasted bronze turkeys, and hatching this week some ameraucanas and black australorps.

A BLRW or a BCMaran would be a very good addition to my flock. [​IMG]

Bil

3. K7 Menagerie

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    For me, it would have to be a Wednesday or a weekend. What's best for y'all?

4. Bil

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Weekend usually works better for me. Wednesday would not work for me, I teach on Wednesdays.

Bil

5. K7 Menagerie

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Ok, so it will be a weekend Chicken Swap! I'm thinking maybe in late May or early June?

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    YAY I have tried starting 2 diffrent threads for this , if you go back we may find the names of the 3 or 4 people that answerd the first one and ask them if there still intersted I didnt get any response the second one.
    I would love to go I dont drive so I would love to have it in my town, which is right of the main highway right just about smack in the middle of the top of oregon on the river.
    There are servral places here to do a meet up and such that would be free most likely not to mention beutifull. Just an Idea

7. Bil

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Well, I couldn't make it up to the Gorge, that would probably be too far for me.

8. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    aww , its ok I am shure they will find somewhere else its just wishfull thinking on my part [​IMG]
    Where is cottage grove anyways I have lived here most my life and cant seem to place it though it sound familer

9. Bil

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Quote:We're about 30 minutes South of Eugene. The farthest most Southern tip of the Willamette Valley.

Bil

10. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    ah that is a bit of a drive , I sapose you could always make a mini vacation of it for where ever it happens to be [​IMG] even portland would be a bit of a drive for you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by