1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Oregon- Willamette Valley 2-3 colorful chicks/hens wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by scout503, Mar 20, 2009.

1. scout503

scout503 New Egg

Mar 20, 2009
    Salem, Oregon
    I want to raise 2-3 laying hens, that are colorful. I would like an Ameraucana or some banties, If partially grown or full grown I want them to be friendly.

Any recommendations of where the best location to purchase supplies or chicks appreciated.

2. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    If you only want 2-3, I suggest going to your local feed store. They all have them in stock right now and you can just pick a couple out. They order from the larger hatcheries and then you can take a small number howm Same place will also have all the supplies you need. If you are new to chickens, I suggest getting a book on keeping/raising chickens.

3. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Hi i'm in Boise if you are ever headed this way! I have reds, whites, blacks and spotteds and polish! lol

4. scout503

scout503 New Egg

Mar 20, 2009
    Salem, Oregon
    Sorry I won't be near Boise any time soon. The local feed store is supposed to get in a shipment on the 1'st.

The blog with pictures is great. I'll need to remember to take pictures weekly of my new babies when I get some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by