Organic Chicken Feed at wholesale prices in Phoenix, AZ Arizona area

ChickFarmsUnite

Chirping
11 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Arizona
If anyone in the Phoenix, AZ area is interested in organic feeds at wholesale prices, we have them. Group of local backyard chicken farmers have united bringing their group volume high enough to obtain wholesale pricing on organic feed. We are saving about $8 to $20 per 50lb bag. It is a great deal...

We have plenty of room before we fill up an entire truck, so we can add a lot more volume to our orders. If you are interested in obtaining wholesale pricing on organic feed, let me know. The minimum order is one 50lb bag of feed. Here are the types of feed we offer:

ALL FEED is USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC. Shipping to Arizona is included in this pricing. There is no additional sale tax. As a participant you will need to pick up your order at the Phoenix area drop point.

BELOW - % indicates the percent of guaranteed protein in each type of feed listed below formulated for different stages of growth.

CHICKEN LAYER
15% Organic NON-SOY Layer Mash - 50lb bag - $20.44
16% Organic Layer Mash - 50lb bag - $21.30
17% Organic Chick Layer Starter - 50lb bag - $21.98
15% Organic Chick Layer Grower - 50lb bag - $20.85
14% Organic Scratch - 50lb bag - $21.39

BROILER FEED
22% Organic Broiler Chick Starter - 50lb bag - $25.49
20% Organic Broiler Chick Grower - 50lb bag - $24.09
17% Organic Broiler Chick Finisher - 50lb bag - $22.11

TURKEY FEED
26% Organic Turkey Starter - 50lb bag - $27.60
23% Organic Turkey Grower - 50lb bag - $25.67
17% Organic Turkey Finisher - 50lb bag - $21.98

COMMODITIES
Organic Alfalfa Pellets - 50lb bag - $16.44
Organic Cracked Feed Peas - 50lb bag - $21.00
Organic Flax Seed - 50lb Bag - $36.38
Organic Wheat, Feed 13% Protein - 50lb Bag - $21.50
Organic Steer Finisher 14% - 50lb bag - $19.75

HOG
Organic Hog Early Grower 18% - 50lb bag - $22.29
OrganicHog Late Grower 16% - 50lb Bag - $21.12
Organic Hog Finisher 14% - 50lb Bag - $19.95

If you wish to order feed with this group every two month, please message or email me, the email you would like to receive the order form, and you will be added to the order list. We currently order every two months. Next order form will go out May 14th with targeted delivery for the first week in June.

As a participant you will need to pick up your order at the drop point in Chandler, AZ. There is no additional sale tax.

FURTHER DETAILS:
http://www.facebook.com/BackyardChickenFarmersUnite/info
or
http://www.phoenixpermaculture.org/...hase-of-organic-chicken-feed-for-huge-savings

Here is a live order form Arizona's June Delivery:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFE5ellHOWhIcTRSSHFGekV6LUV1Ymc6MA#gid=0

Last edited:
2012 Arizona Forecast (every other) monthly orders:
- August - form will go out late-July
- October - form will go out mid-Sept
- December - form will go out mid-Nov

To receive an order form or become part of upcoming order, please send your email address. We will not share your email with anyone.

AZ feed must be really high if those are "Wholesale" Prices. (even being organic)

Chris

Chris

I am not sure how feed is priced outside of AZ, but I have found it cost me more to raise a dozen eggs from my own chickens than to buy (free range organic eggs) in the store, due to the cost of organic feed. This fact didn't make sense and, like a splinter in my mind, I went over the math and it was impossible for me to believe someone could sell the eggs for this much and be operating on a profit....I simply decided I must find the organic grainery who is supplying the organic egg suppliers with feed.

I knew the lower priced feed must be out there since suppliers wouldn't sell organic eggs at a loss. So I continued to call and call grainery after grainery all over the west coast without much luck, until one relented and offered me wholesale pricing. It may not be much of a deal from where ever you are from, but our group is saving many people $100s of dollars on feed.

Then I started a blog on a local Arizona website to see if anyone else was interested. After one month, a small group put in our first order for 5 ton of organic feed. Volume has grown every month since. I am told by a local poultry veteran, that the feed we receive is fresher (by 6 months) than other feeds available in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler area.

Hence the ordering continues and we grow each month due to the strong AZ community that exists via Valley Permaculture Alliance. Although intiated by self interest, I now feel as leader of this group, I am providing a valuable service to the Arizona community. Namely for homes which wake up to the dangers of GMOs and soy, and want to make the switch to organic, but lack any guiding light.

I think you're doing a great job CFU. Prices do seem high...I know Murdoch's sells organic feeds for about $21/50lb retail price. Obviously, prices do vary by region. Cost of living in AZ seemed to be higher than in CO.

gosh why didin't I google it sooner! "organic feed in AZ" this thread was right on the first page. For those wondering I am 90 miles east of Phoenix and have one feed store to choose from; they are VERY reluctant to even order organic! because of the the cost and hassle to them. And I pay nearly those prices for regular feed. I definitely want in on the Dec order! One reason for the high cost is there are few organic farmers growing grain in this state and as far as I know there is no feed mill here putting out organic feed so it all has to be trucked in.

I found a supplier of organic lay mash in Tonopah, AZ, but he uses soy. It's non-GMO soy, though. There is no corn in his feed, just soy, wheat, barley, peas, canola, flax, kelp, and trace minerals and vitamins. $30/50-lb bag.

Is soy bad for chickens, or bad for us who eat their eggs? Thanks for your input.

Don't fuss too loud about the cost of feed. Here in central TX I get my organic feed from a small local mill that is certified organic. 33.50 for 50# of pullet developer. Soy free layer is quite a bit cheaper though and I can't wait until my girls are close enough to laying to switch. Organic soy is so expensive. I did make a funny discovery walking through the feed store though. Even the weevils that get in the grain prefer organic. If the dang bugs won't eat it, I don't want to either.

PS: CA residents save us all. Please vote yes on Prop 37.

Back
Top Bottom