ORGANIC Day Light Neutral SEASCAPE Strawberries- price includes shipping

aggiemae

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Salem Oregon
Day Light Neutral Strawberries- 24 plants-permaculture ground cover

Organic 'Day Neutral' Seascape Strawberries

For gardeners who want to steadily harvest tasty fruits all season, not pecks once a year. Plants flower and set fruit through out the growing season. Unlike many other strawberries Seascape flower are not influenced by day length. We co plant ours in our Asparagus bed. You can plant in a patch by themselves or use plants to border a flower, vegetable or herb garden. They also grow well in barrels as long as you keep the soil evenly moist using a soaker hoes or drip line and will also produce well (and root) well in a soil free hydrophobic set up.

The plans are heavy bearers and produces large, sweet, bright red strawberries. They can tolerate freeze but has a low chilling requirement making it perfect for planting in all US zones.

The (organic) root stock for the mother plants was purchased from Nichol's Nursery in Albany Oregon and planted into certified organic compost/soil and then feed with only homemade compose and worm tea. NO commercial food, NO pesticides. Although strawberries are not as low maintenance as some plants they are quick spreading shallow root plants so they do work well in a permaculture garden design as a ground cover until other, slower growing, plants fill in.

I let my strawberries 'run' this past summer to get new plants to grow hydrophobic and as a cover plant in my asparagus bed, now I have approximately 300 extra plants that will produce beginning this spring through September. Here in the Pacific North West they will grow into October under heavy mulch and with a hoop cover even into November.

You will get (at least) 24 HEALTHY crowns for $20.00 including shipping. The plants can be planted or toe nailed into your garden now or if the ground is frozen they can be kept damp by misting the roots until the ground is thawed for spring planting.

If you want to increase your plants you can let some of them run instead of bearing fruit. They are prolific runners that need no help to anchor and root. You can easily have 100 new plants ready to bear fruit by spring 2015

Buying worms, warm weather annuals or strawberry plants from me will help me purchase trees for my permaculture garden. THANKS!

NOTE: I CAN NOT SHIP BERRIES TO CALIFORNIA, ARIZONA or NEW MEXICO I will remove this ad when I run out of berries.

Yes I still have some. Where do you live? I can ship them (not to California) you can pay with Paypal.

I only have a few dozen growing plants and 2 bundles of large bare root crowns (some are already growing leaves). The plants are $20.00 per 24 plants the bare roots are $15.00 for 25 plants. I have some that where dug up from my native soil but I can not guarantee these are organic since we have only live on this property for 4 years. These are assorted sizes and are $10.00 for 24-30 plant bundles.

It's best to bet strawberries into the ground by the end of April.

Hey Kevin,

I sent you $20 via Pay Pal on Wednesday night for 24 strawberry plants. I just want to make sure you received it as I haven't heard anything from you.

Thanks,

Julie

Back
Top Bottom