Organic Feed in California

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
I am looking for a place where I might be able to buy organic feed for my chickens. I have them currently on a hen scratch and Purina Layena feed. I'm pretty sure where I get my hen scratch from the ingredients especially the corn is probably GMO. As for the Purina Layena I am not a big fan of Purina products, so would rather find a different layer product than Purina. I'd like to be able to feed my chickens non GMO feeds. I am located in the Silicon Valley of Ca. and have done searches on the net for finding organic feeds and have come up w/ nothing. If anyone could suggest where I could go to buy better quality feed or I will even mix my own if need be would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

You might try just calling your nearest feed stores and asking if they carry it or can order some for you. I did net searches and found nothing. I called some feed stores and found one that carried it and another ordered some for me.

My feed store carries organic feed. I'm in Santa Rosa CA, north of San Francisco. I'll check with them to find out, who their source is. It might be a couple of days, before I can get back to you though.
Denise

Back
Top Bottom