Organic feed in NC

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by suburbanchick, Apr 18, 2007.

1. suburbanchick

suburbanchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    I'm looking for organic layer food, although they are only 6 weeks old so I have some time. Anyone in NC been able to get it? I really don't want to pay shipping, as I bet it's a killer.

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    When I was looking for organic feed here in NE Ohio I did 3 things.

First I called all the local farm co-ops, feed mills, feed stores and Tractor Supply to see what if any organic feeds they carried and their prices.

Second I searched for Ohio Organic Poultry Feed on the web.

Third I asked my local county extension agent if he knew any local farmer or small mill providing organic poultry feed.

Keep notes so you'll be able to compare who has the best feed for the best price.

Good luck!

I forgot to say my flock gets certified organic layer mash. I agree with you - I refuse to pay shipping for feed, it can be expensive enough without the additional costs, and I would rather support a local business.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  3. glowworm2011

glowworm2011 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    North Carolina
  4. heybarb

heybarb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    That is pretty awesome!! This farm is located less than 5 miles from my house...plus I know the owners as dairy farmers - didn't know they sold organic feed! They are super special folks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by