Organic Feed Source in Central Florida or homemade recipe...

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by LivingRootsFarm, Jun 11, 2011.

1. LivingRootsFarm

LivingRootsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Samsula
    Hello everyone! I am looking for an organic feed source in the central Florida area - preferably around the Daytona Beach area. I have found some sites online but the shipping costs are out of this world! Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    I couldn't find a single place within 3hrs that carried organic. So I found out that Ranchway carried organic feed and asked the feed store about it. Come to find out they order from this company but only a few things like every 4 months. So they are ordering some for me. I paid $22 for a 40lbs. So I am just going to order 3-4 months supply from them. I am the 1st person who has ever asked for organic feed in this town. Isn't that crazy?!?! Don't give up on it. And when I looked into making my own it was going to cost a ton and I would also have to crush us some of the grains.

3. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
  4. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
  5. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
    haha! [​IMG]

6. queenbeezz

queenbeezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Orlando
    Try calling Brevard Feed in Mims. There is also another feed store north of them on US 1 but I cannot rememner the name.

7. LivingRootsFarm

LivingRootsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2011
    Samsula
    Thanks everyone for the help...it's most appreciated!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by