Organic Feed,

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by StandardLover, Sep 10, 2011.

1. StandardLover

StandardLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Hi.[​IMG]
    I am in an area where I can find no organic feed at my local farm stores. What is a good brand that I could order from? Thank you!

2. JustaJemIam

JustaJemIam Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    I think you need to order it online. [​IMG] We have do not have any in our area either and that is our only option.

3. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Boonies of NY
    My Coop
    I am in the same situation as you are. I buy from Countryside-- http://www.countrysideorganics.com/home.php
    It's
    a lot more expensive than buying local feeds once you factor in shipping, but the closer to VA you are, the better. It would be cheaper to order from one of the West Coast companies if you are on the other side of the Rockies.

4. meloncholy88

meloncholy88 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Lots of great places to get organic feed, layer and scratch online.
    I like to add flax seed to mine, and also sunflower seeds.

5. Auscal

Auscal Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2010
    I would look into www.azurestandard.com. They do a monthly delivery to "drop-points" in most areas, and, provided your order is more than $50, there is no delivery fee. They sell a whole lot more than chicken feed, too.

Azure In A Nutshell

We specialize in natural, organic, earth-friendly foods and products. We deliver directly to customers, buying clubs and retailers by semi truck and UPS. If you're new to Azure, start by reading our guide to getting started.

6. kizanne

kizanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL
    I second the countryside. I am in a co-op who get together and order a pallet that way the shipping is very reasonable.

They are organic, non-soy, non gmo corn and their layer has flaxseed in it.

My chickens seem to love it.

They will actually come in from ranging to grab a couple bites of the feed, then go back out again (of course maybe they are just lazy LOL)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  7. ChickenAl

ChickenAl Diagnosis...Chicken-Headed

Jun 5, 2011
    Putnam cty, NY
    I'll third the Countryside Organics. Great feed, and the girls lay consistently.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by