Organic Feed ?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by LauraSBale, Aug 11, 2008.

1. LauraSBale

LauraSBale Chillin' With My Peeps

Does any one know of a company that makes organic feed?

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    We buy NatureSmart for our hens, made by Cargill Animal Nutrition.

naturesmartorganics.com

3. NightHeronFarm

NightHeronFarm Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Ridgefield, WA
    I live in on Catalina Island off of Southern California and just ordered a 50lb bag of Kruses's Organic Grower from Lomita Feed in Lomita. If you live closer to Kruse (south of LA) they have their own feed store and it is $5 cheaper per bag. But living on an Island, Lomita Feed is the only feed store in the area that will deliver to our barge for shipment to the Island.

www.krusefeed.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Well gee, you got responses. I asked the same question a few days ago and got nothing...

5. GlacierNan

GlacierNan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I buy Modesto Milling feed. You can email them and ask about a distributor in your area. Google their name and you can contact them from their site.
    Two things I have noticed with Organic feed is beautiful shiny feathers and the sweetest smelling poo! Actually the sweet thing is that there is NO poo smell!! [​IMG]

6. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Blue Seal and Poulin Grains. Not sure if either distribute to your area, but worth an internet search.

7. LauraSBale

Thank You Everyone, i will check in to all the place's and hopefully find someone in my area.

8. Lea71

Lea71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Modesto Milling here also....I live about 30 minutes from the mill and pick it up at the mill....the guys there are super nice. I walk in...they call the guys up in the mill...they mill it and take it out to my car, only takes about 15 minutes....they add DE and oil of oregano to their feed and it smells so sweet....and yes...my coop and run has no smell.

Tooting our local horn!

9. LauraSBale

Well no luck so far, there is a few but they are a couple of hours away

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by