Organic in Georgia

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Eggzactly, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Nice forum.I have been lurking for a while.My question for the people in Georgia do you know of any local feed stores that carry organic feed near the Atlanta area?.Im in marietta and would like to try and use organic if not too costly.I will order my chicks in a week or two...

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Ga Chicken Mom orders her organic feed online, I believe. You may want to try her. I have never, ever seen a bag of organic feed in all the feedstores I've been to in N. Ga.

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    If you find one, let me know. I've been looking, but the view is grim. All of the organic feed I've found online is unreasonably priced, especially considering the shipping. I just changed to Purina SunFresh. As commercial feed goes, it seems to be a good one.

4. adeledamate

adeledamate Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm not in Georgia but I have found that some feed stores will special order it for you so that you don't have to pay shipping for online purchases.

5. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

If you find some let me know & also what brand is it?

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Our local feed stores Don't carry it because it would be 3 times the price of regular feed.

7. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Not sure about the feed but I will ask around. I am from Acworth Ga and I get all my horse feed from Wildhorse. I will see if they can even order any and let you know. I have ordered day old chicks to be here on the 1st day of Aug. The breeds are Buff Orpington, Speckled Sussex and Barred Rock. All of these breed are known to be calm and sweet. I will have some extra if you think you might want to share them with me. I ordered 5 females of each breed and 1 male Buff Orpington. I only want aprox 7 including the male. Due to the min order I had to get more. I need to let them grow a little until I can tell the male from the females, then I can let the remaining chicks go to a new home. Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Caroline

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:If you want to sell a couple of the orpingtons, let me know.
    I'm not too far from you.

9. Eggzactly

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    Quote:Thanks alot and thank you to everyne that responded.

10. Eggzactly

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    OK.Found a place in close to athens 30 dollars a bag.The feed store would be willing to meet me half way cause they come to Atlanta on business every week...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by