Organic Layer Feed Near Charlotte?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by St1ckyBum, Nov 29, 2014.

1. St1ckyBum

St1ckyBum Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2014
    Hello fellow egg-lovers,

Well the chickens are ordered for a May delivery (YEA!) and now I am researching feed sources. I would ideally like to feed my chickens and organic, non-GMO diet...but the prices I am finding for organic feed for both a local place and after shipping online are in the $35-$40 range for a 50lb bag. YIKES! :th

I was going to make my own but I cant find a local organic grain supplier and Azure Standard doesnt have a drop off near me (plus I would never meet their minimum order). I found a local feed mill in Mt. Pleasant that is very reasonable but they appear to be just non-gmo (not organic).

I am located in north Charlotte...anyone know of some place I am missing? I want to make sure I am not missing a hidden gem before I make the sacrifice between exorbitant feed prices or pesticide-eggs :barnie

Thanks all!

2. anjovi6

anjovi6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Post your question on the NC thread and you should get lots of answers. I don't remember the places but, I do remember
    seeing some of the NC feed stores advertising organic feeds here in the Johnston Co. area. Good Luck.

3. St1ckyBum

St1ckyBum Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2014
    Will do thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by