Organic NW Ga farm seeks Light Sussex peeps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gacowgirl, Jun 15, 2010.

1. gacowgirl

gacowgirl New Egg

Jun 15, 2010
    Hello to everyone. Though backyard chickens seem to be the latest pet rage, peeps have owned me for 35 years-since the kindly owner of the local feed store sent me home with 25 free roosters while I was pregnant! Dear hubby and I are owned by about 50 chickens-mostly Americaunas and Buff Orps, two Border Collies, 30 Red Angus cows, a few lazy walking horses and 5 donkeys that have taught me more than all the animals I have ever known. Our farm is Creek Ranch Organics and we sell produce, eggs and beef at a local farmers market. We work hard but love farm life!!! From a local chicken breeder, I learned a tough lesson about infectious bronchitis but ended up with an awesome roo-Big Roo. I discovered by accident that Big Roo is a Light Sussex. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him! He is gentle, kind to the hens and protective of the flock. I have had a variety of hens but have never met a rooster I like as much as Big Roo. While I am not farming, I love to garden, quilt, read and play with the dogs. If I can ever be of any help to anyone, I know a little about cows and organic/sustainable farming.[​IMG]
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by