Organic (or NON-GMO) All Flock ???

tigger19687

Crowing
Jun 27, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
So I feed Organic to my hens.
Want to get some chicks and do the raising in the coop with the Mamma Heating pad. That is if it ever stops snowing where I can get in and make it.

BUT I can't find All Flock that is Non-GMO or Organic -- with out spending $40 a bag !

Anyone done this?

The hens eat Crumbles so that is not the issue. Issue is it is layer feed. Was hoping to switch to All Flock, or maybe a Grower ? I am just limited here with what is available

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
Ya, I couldn't find it either. :hmm

I decided if I wanted to go that way... I would just have to go with starter and OS on the side for the ladies. I don't believe the 22% protein (max I've seen in starter) will harm your ladies.

And nope... haven't seen it for less than about $40 ish.

song of joy

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Central Pennsylvania
I use Nature's Best Organic Chick Starter/Grower as an all-flock feed for my entire flock year-round (laying hens, roosters, cockerels, pullets, chicks, birds in molt). It's organic and non-GMO, but I don't know if it's sold in New England.

tigger19687

Crowing
Jun 27, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
@song of joy Yes we have that at TSC.
I never thought about it as an All Flock, but it is only 18% . How well do they do during Molt ?
I didn't realize that different manufacturers also called them Grower. I just assumes that was just for Meat birds and formulated as such.

I lied about the price of GM non-GMO broiler/grower. It is $20 in NH, and 21% protein.
That is a better price then I thought !
Now to get them to eat it. Had issues before, maybe they won't be so picky now.

Last edited:

Top Bottom