Organic...or non-GMO Feed/Seed Supply needed; SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Hoytman, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Hoytman

Hoytman Chirping

Jun 26, 2018
    SW Ohio
    There are plenty of feed stores/mills within short driving distance of me, but my fear is that they don't sell non-GMO seeds or organic seed. As soon as I'm done posting here I will be calling them to check and see what they offer in bulk bags. I just thought some of you may have alternative sources that I am not aware of.

Next season I will be growing a major part of my feed needs for winter as well as summer.

2. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    If you didn't find any feeds, Kalmbach Feeds are in Sandusky, OH & should be available for you. They have regular, Non GMO & organic feeds. I really liked their organic, but it is not very available here in SE PA.

3. Amatsuhono

Amatsuhono Chirping

Oct 30, 2018
    San Benito, TX
    I personally have no issue with GMO's but depending on the type of feed you're looking at there may no even be a commercially available GMO option.

Attached Files:

4. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    There are lots of organic & even just Non GMO feeds available. I just listed a feed from Ohio for the OP.

5. Amatsuhono

Amatsuhono Chirping

Oct 30, 2018
    San Benito, TX
    Understandable. I just put the infographic up because some mills done advertise or list their products as non-gmo unless there is a gmo alternative to begin with. While others will do the opposite. While organic labeling is regulated, gmo is not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: