Organic or non-organic

rstampa

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Tampa, Florida
My question is. Does anybody here feed their chickens organic feed. (And I do know the difference.) It's so hard to come by and very expensive to have it shipped. And if anyone notice any difference in you birds from one feed, to the another. Just curious or if it's even something I should consider.
I am still using Starter Grow from Purina.
frow.gif

Last edited:
I have only ever purchased organic feed, so I couldn't tell you if I had noticed a difference between conventional and organic feed.

The two brands I have used are Western Milling's O.H. Kruse organic and Organic Pride. The chickens like them both, but I prefer O.H. Kruse since it is milled closer to me.

My garden is organic, and most of the food my family eats is as well, so it was important to me that the eggs were organic. If you are looking for a source for feed, I have a list I am working on you could take a peak at. If you have a good source, could you let me know so I can add it to it. Thanks.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=20741-organic-chicken-feeds

People talk organic stuff way up. It is not going make a noticeable difference in the eggs. Go regular, your save money.

Quote:
same here except I use natures best, mill is closest to me
smile.png
but everything I do is organic and I have never tried otherwise to give a comparison.

Blue seal makes an organic feed so find anyplace that carries blue seal and they can order organic for you, even if they dont normally carry it in stock, most places order once a month.

Quote:
I beg to differ, I dont want to eat meat or eggs that ate corn that as it was growing had the power or chemicals inside it to kill bugs. I dont like the pesticides and other garbage that is in the non organic. I also like self sustainability. There are a lot of good reasons to eat organically.

Show me a school that allows peanut butter and I will show you a dinosaur. I am so sick of people being so blind to all the crap in our environment that is hurting us and our children. Things are not what they use to be, and what is the biggest change in the last 40 years???? our food that's what!

Show me someone who says bad things about organic food I will show you an unhealthy person who frequents places like McD's too much and thinks that as long as it says edible than it must be ok to go into you.

oH AND ONE LAST THING WHY IS IT WHEN EVER SOME ONE HAS THE GALL TO ASK AN ORGANIC QUESTION ALL THESE NON ORGANIC PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO BUTT IN AND SAY HOW FAKE AND WHAT A GIMIC IT IS.
I dont go into the other sections and mock people for their choices and beliefs. She asked a question and there was no need to act like her choice or the feed she is considering is a waste of money. There are plent of us who do things organically and I for one would love to see one freaking thread about it where we can have a civil conversation with out having to defend why we live this way. Geez Louise!!!

and with that I am off to bed!
somad.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I beg to differ, I dont want to eat meat or eggs that ate corn that as it was growing had the power or chemicals inside it to kill bugs. I dont like the pesticides and other garbage that is in the non organic. I also like self sustainability. There are a lot of good reasons to eat organically.

Show me a school that allows peanut butter and I will show you a dinosaur. I am so sick of people being so blind to all the crap in our environment that is hurting us and our children. Things are not what they use to be, and what is the biggest change in the last 40 years???? our food that's what!

Show me someone who says bad things about organic food I will show you an unhealthy person who frequents places like McD's too much and thinks that as long as it says edible than it must be ok to go into you.

oH AND ONE LAST THING WHY IS IT WHEN EVER SOME ONE HAS THE GALL TO ASK AN ORGANIC QUESTION ALL THESE NON ORGANIC PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO BUTT IN AND SAY HOW FAKE AND WHAT A GIMIC IT IS.
I dont go into the other sections and mock people for their choices and beliefs. She asked a question and there was no need to act like her choice or the feed she is considering is a waste of money. There are plent of us who do things organically and I for one would love to see one freaking thread about it where we can have a civil conversation with out having to defend why we live this way. Geez Louise!!!

somad.gif

Ditto

Quote:

somad.gif

Absolutely!!!

Did you know that cancer in the rural areas of the United States is almost double to that of the urban areas. Reasons: pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, etc. that run off into our water supplies, contaminate our soil, etc.

I've grown up in the rural part of the U.S. and have had 3 different reproductive cancers, the latest being stage 3 breast cancer, while still in my 40's. One of the first things they tell you is to eat as best you can, organically if you can afford it.

Especially dairy and poultry!! Corn, one of the large staples of their diet is highly fertilized for what it pulls out of the soil each time, and sprayed for insects and weeds. This is very concentrated in the corn kernals, since they are on the plant for so long.

With dairy and poultry, organic is important for reproductive cancers because of the hormones they are given in the large farming industries to stimulate egg and milk production. It's not supposed to be done, but too many tests have been done that prove some farms are still practicing this.

If we don't stop polluting our environment and our bodies, we'll be on the same road as the honey bees. Unable to fight off any virus because we've weakened our immune systems with too many chemicals!

Last edited:
Quote:

somad.gif

Ditto I eat all organic, I grow all organic & I feed all organic.

Back
Top Bottom