Organic quail feed?

el dorado quail

Crowing
Mar 24, 2019
I really want to stay as organic as possible with my eventual quail, struggling to find a local feed store with organic options, so these are the two I've found on Amazon that seem like they'll do:

CERTIFIED ORGANIC TURKEY STARTER FEED https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722R3LH2/?tag=backy-20
All Natural Premium Game Bird Feed Freshly Milled: Non-GMO, Soy Free, Corn Free Organic Fertrell Vitamins Minerals (20lb) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJDCGM0/?tag=backy-20

Is one better as far as protein/ingredients? Let me know if there are other organic feeds out there and I'll see if I can get them locally!

Just to make it easier heres the lists
20190425_223947.jpg
20190425_224040.jpg

H and H has more protein but way less calcium but more protein

ide personaly go for more protein

But i use Nutrena feed
Yeah I am going for eggs so would I just make sure to have crushed oyster shell or having it makes calcium count in food not matter?

You mean Diatome earth? its just snake oil

I dunno if people give quails crushed oystershell mabye @Texas Kiki knows? i mixed flukers reptire calcium powder in my quails feed

my nutrena ingredients start something like "Processed grain byproducts" haha so i can see why your going organic, i never considered it before,

You mean Diatome earth? its just snake oil

I dunno if people give quails crushed oystershell mabye @Texas Kiki knows? i mixed flukers reptire calcium powder in my quails feed

my nutrena ingredients start something like "Processed grain byproducts" haha so i can see why your going organic, i never considered it before,
Yeah DE is a very sharp mineral on the microscopic level, I've seen other people who swear by it and put it in coops/feed but I can't imagine ingesting it is very healthy overall. :idunno

Definitely let them have oyster shell free access just like chickens!

I can't say whether higher calcium food itself should be fed to them or not; I tend to avoid it but other people swear keeping even males on it has no negative affect whatsoever. I would say go with your gut and switch if there are issues.

Yeah DE is a very sharp mineral on the microscopic level, I've seen other people who swear by it and put it in coops/feed but I can't imagine ingesting it is very healthy overall. :idunno

Agreed.

Heres a pointless fact. (I love pointless facts)
Circus glass eaters actualy do eat glass and the only.dangerous part is chewing and swallowing, stomachs and bowells are so gentle that the glass passes throw and comes out with the stool :gig

DE is safe to eat

Here comes another pointless fact

when you breath a sharp and foreign object it sticks in the lung lining and is encapsulated with mucus, the mucus draws in it and scar tissue is formed around it to encase it. it never leaves the lung

Breathing DE is bad

Heres a pointless fact. (I love pointless facts)
Circus glass eaters actualy do eat glass and the only.dangerous part is chewing and swallowing, stomachs and bowells are so gentle that the glass passes throw and comes out with the stool :gig

DE is safe to eat

Here comes another pointless fact

when you breath a sharp and foreign object it sticks in the lung lining and is encapsulated with mucus, the mucus draws in it and scar tissue is formed around it to encase it. it never leaves the lung

Breathing DE is bad

The thing that worries me is that I'm not convinced quail don't inhale half their food. :lau

Back
Top Bottom