Organic scratch in Wisconsin?

KelBelle

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 15, 2010
Does anyone know if anyone carries organic chicken scratch in Wisconsin? I can't seem to find any. I ordered a five pound bag initially from Arcata Pet, but want to get a larger bag now. The shipping on anything larger is simply outrageous.

Where in WI are you? I live near Madison, the Mounds Pet Food Warehouses carry organic feed. GardeNerd started a thread a while ago on this forum titled 'Where to buy organic feed' and it has listings by state. It is in the Feeding and Watering section, you should be able to find it if you type organic feed in the search box. Now if you mean organic scratch not feed.....some of the suppliers listed may have that as well.
smile.png

Yeah....I am looking for scratch. I have a source for organic feed, but not for scratch. We are in Sheboygan County and it seems like everyone around here makes it their life's goal to revolt against organics at all costs. LOL

Call Country Visions Co op in Kiel. If they don't have what you are looking for they will have it brought over from one of their other stores. Ask for April.

Quote:
Scratch is typically whole or cracked grains, fed as a treat to give the chickens something to do. Scratch typically does not have the protein, or balance of nutrients that chickens need to be the most productive. Feed is a complete ration with everything the chicken needs for peak performance. There is no need to feed scratch other than to treat the chickens...
wink.png

ON

Quote:
Thanks! I will try them. I get the feed from a farm in New Holstein so this would work out well.

Back
Top Bottom