Organic wormer

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Farmgal101, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Organic

100.0%
  2. store bought

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Farmgal101

Farmgal101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2017
    I want my chicks to be wormed organically.They dont have worms but i know your suppose too worm your chickens every four weeks.I was just wondering if the apple cider viniger method works.

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Not sure about that but I used to use it in their water but not anymore. During the warm weather, I'd have black spots (mold) growing in my containers & the water would be slimy. Thought I was the only one having that issue but have read others with the same problem. I do scrub out my waterers & storage containers but it continues. No idea why but I stopped using it long term.

I start my chicks off with it, changing the water every single day for about a month, after that I switch them to regular water. I also ferment my feed from the start so figure they're getting benefits there.

I've read garlic is a good preventative as well as pumpkin seeds but I'll be following your thread to see what others have to say. I'd like to know of some organic wormer.

3. Farmgal101

May 29, 2017
    Thank you for the tips.

4. Farmgal101

May 29, 2017
    Im changing the title to somthing better to lure more people to answer the question.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by