Orginally thought these 2 were the same...what do you think?

RcknSAHM

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
I am interested to find out what breed these girls are. Any help is appreciated!
85150_imag0229.jpg

85150_imag0228.jpg

The one on the bottom is an EE or looks like one, the one top i dont know what it is. But no there not the same. LOL Im not an expert though and somebody else might come along and say yep who knows. Could we possibly get a better (side view ) of the top chicken, Not sure it a hen but if we could see a different view would sure help Is the top one laying eggs??

Last edited:
The top one gives me eggs regularly so id say she is def a female and the man that sold her to me said a brown leghorn, glad someone else picked up on that one. She is supposedly a year old. The 2nd one is only about 13-14 weeks old. Cant wait to see what she lays especially if shes an EE. I really want one.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
Thanks to everyone who answered!

Quote:
top hen give you white eggs too doesnt she?

the second hen will give you colored eggs weither b/g of a EE or brown I dont know.. but i would say EE as well..
good luck
)O(
Pink

Quote:
top hen give you white eggs too doesnt she?

the second hen will give you colored eggs weither b/g of a EE or brown I dont know.. but i would say EE as well..
good luck
)O(
Pink

Yup, i sure do get white ones from her. Name is Pearl.

I think it's funny when people see a big comb on an obviously otherwise hen and say it's a rooster. My son's teacher got chickens for their school pets. 2 little hens in a chicken tractor, very cute. I was petting them one day before picking up and she came over and talked to me. Said she was sure the larger one was actually a boy b/c its comb was getting so big and red. The 2 hens were very obviously hens to me and have a single/pea cross comb. Very round feathers everywhere, no sickle feathers anywhere, very short straight tail w/ absolutely no curving feathers, 4 mos old at the time. I told her they were definitely girls, the bigger redder comb just meant she was going to lay soon. She started laying that weekend.
smile.png
I think leghorn hens have bigger combs than any other hen, don't they? They're so big and floppy. I wonder if they have a hard time seeing sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom