Oriental noodles

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ozark hen, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    does anyone have a recipe for those awesome oriental noodles you find on the buffet of Chinese restaurants? Not the angel hair but the other noodles? I just love them and would be in heaven if I could make them at home for myself.
    Thanks

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Might have to describe them more. There are lots of different kinds of asian noodles, and even more ways to spice them.

3. leslie

leslie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    edited for content

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
  4. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Silkie, they are flat and have onion and maybe some shredded carrot. Mild flavored. So sorry, I can't be more specific. Not sweet. I guess I am no help to you at all am I?

5. silkiechicken

Hmm... maybe you can do a google search on Asian noodles and find a picture of what you were eating and see if you can't find an associated name and then recipe. I'm probably not much help to you either!

As for you leslie, I have no idea where your post came from on a thread on food and tonight is not the night for me to see something like that. To each their own, but you just got a big fat check mark on your name. For anyone who sees that, it is a GOOD example of how NOT to act and a great way to derail a thread. I don't share a belief in God, but I sure don't put it against anyone and their beliefs!

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Thanks I will do that. so sorry I was so unspecific. I just know when I go into a Chinese restaurant...such as The Great Wall (don't know how widespread they are)it is the first thing I head for. ha I will do a search. thanks again.

7. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    My wonderful dh just woke up and told me they are Lo Mein noodles!!!

8. silkiechicken

Now the hard part, trying to find out what they put with the noodles that you liked. Since "Lo mein" is just "with noodles"!

9. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Ok, now I remember, some cabbage. ha ha I don't recall any meat in them. thanks for lesson on the meaning of lo mein. ha I did find a simple recipe for them on cooks.com thanks so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by