Ornamental Layers What breeds are they? w/pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bossynbella, Jun 2, 2008.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    We picked up our ornamental layers this morning. According to the invoice we should have 25 Ornamental layers(extra's Included)-says on invoice 25 Heavy Asst.Roosters(extra's Included) 2 Buff Silkies (I ordered 3)
    4 Blue Silkies 3Blue Cochins(I ordered 2) 2 SilverLaced Cochins 2 White Wyandottes.
    Two Chicks were dead when we opened the boxes (they were really Packed in there . I forgot to tell them to mark or seperate the roosters so they didn't and We had a heck of a time figuring that out.
    We have figured out a lot of them. So I am going to start with the ones we dont know. I will post a pic and when we all figure out what it is I will post another one , So I don't get confused as to who is who.
    THanks in advance!

[​IMG]
    I was thinking Black Cochin but then I saw the langshans also we can only identify one of the Blue Cochins not sure if she could be that? She is really Black though

[​IMG]
    I am not sure about this one. I have another pic too. It has feathered feet. So I think either a Light Brahma or some kind of cochin. It doesn't look like the 4 Salmon Faverolles we identified.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    No one knows or no one has even looked?????
    [​IMG]

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    How many toes does that first one have? If it has 5, it's a silkie.

What type of comb does that second one have?

4. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    4 toes and its huge compared to the 4 silkies we got.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by