Ornamental Pheasant Breeders-Let's Connect

ExoticAvianConservancy

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2020
Hello everyone,
My name is Haley. I live in the Texas Hill Country near San Antonio. I have lots of animal care experience, especially avian species. I have worked with animals and all kinds of birds personally and professionally. I have been breeding and raising ducks and chickens for a few years.

I am starting an avian conservancy focusing on exotics, vulnerables, and ornamentals. I currently have many animals other than birds but am slowly adding to my flocks, especially pheasants.

Currently looking to connect with other pheasant breeders & conservationists.
Comment below your bird experience bio, species you breed/ sell. If you are located in Texas and/or ship pheasants please let me know what you have available or expect to have as well!!

Looking forward to meeting others in the hobby!

Hi, I keep a lot of different birds species, I currently have two golden pheasants. I'm not in Texas but I'll join in the chat.
Hi, I keep a lot of different birds species, I currently have two golden pheasants. I'm not in Texas but I'll join in the chat.

Awesome! Nice to meet you. I'll probably get a couple of those in the future. For now I have ghighi eggs and lady amherst eggs incoming. I also have a couple silver juveniles and possibly an Edwards being shipped. I'm super excited! What else do you have?

I have chickens (of course).

I have four different species of quail; King, Japanese, California and Bobwhite.

I have two species of finch; Gouldian and Zebra.

I have a few parrots. Two cockatiels, two princess parrots, a budgie, a bourke's parrot and three rescue galahs I'm fostering.

I also have a bearded dragon and fish.

Oh wow! I've never seen a bourkes or galah in person but I love their coloring. Cockatoos especially are one of my favorites :) Great to meet another animal lover! I will mostly be focusing on outdoor birds as we have land but not a lot of indoor space unfortunately.

I mainly got them to add variety to my aviary. we butchered one due to aggressive behavior and lost one to a predator. the remaining 5 are here as pets unless they become troublemakers when breeding season hits......still not sure of genders 🤷‍♀️
Ive experienced aggressive chicken roos and one aggressive ringneck pheasant before. The pheasant would get you way worse than any of the chicken roos! I'm excited to learn more about what breeds may have calmer or more aggressive tendencies, as I do like to just hang out with the birds and handle them if they let me.

Back
Top Bottom