ORP born May 21

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by crazyhen, Sep 13, 2010.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Am I a girl or boy splash?
    [​IMG]
    She is in the Suede line. Gloria Jean

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    You have a girl.

3. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Yeh Beth has a girl:weee She wanted one so bad. Thanks gloria Jean

4. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    I love her!!!!! Does she have a name?

5. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Her name is Cloud. I got her daddy during a storm ,I call him Stormy,and her aunt is Misty so I thought Cloud would work for either, boy or girl.
    But you can rename her if you like. She will eat treats from my hand but does not like being picked up or photo making time. She is another of the drama queen line. Some one on one time would help a lot though. Right now she is in with her hatch mates, Dels and rocks from Scott. Gloria Jean

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Girly-girl, Gloria Jean! She's sweet.

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Its a Pullet but, does she Yellow legs?
    Orpingtons shouldn't have Yellow Legs...

Chris

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Are you sure she isn't a splash Plymouth Rock? Orpingtons shouldn't have yellow legs.

Looks to be a pullet though.

9. crazyhen

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    No rocks around only Suedes Son as roo and the blue orp female from Suede also. the only rock I have are two brand new ones hatched with her that are dark blue from Scott. But these eggs were marked from Maxine. I sprayed her little butt with Blue coat and the egg was streaked with it lol. Not sure the pic may make them darker looking. I had not noticed them. I am going to check her Mom and Dad tomorrow for sure. Gloria Jean

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I didn't notice the yellow legs till someone pointed them out. Blame Sandhill Preservation for that. Ages ago, I'm told, to offset inbreeding, they crossed in blue Rocks. Suede came from Bama Chicken's earliest BBS Orps and was out of Sandhill stock. On occasions, one will pop up with yellow legs. Sometimes, as they mature, it fades out to white (yes, I've seen it happen that way), but the yellow is a throwback to that. And funny thing is, it's usually a splash for some reason. All my breeders have slate legs so there is no way to know when you'll get one of these.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by