ORP pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gunnarmcc, Jul 15, 2011.

1. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    hello, so was able to take back one of my roosters and exchange it for a new hen, im hopping that i actually got a hen and not another roo. The breeder thought they were right around 17-18 weeks also any help on what color she is would be great. Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new pics!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    It would help if you had a full body shot from the side of her just standing there. [​IMG]

3. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    looks like a blue orp [​IMG]

4. Zaxby's2

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Orpingtons have pink legs. I think you have a blue jersey giant, however it doesn't look very old. [​IMG]

5. gunnarmcc

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    hmmm.... i have seen a lot of pictures of lavender/ blue orps with what appear to be darker legs and the guy said he knew they were forsure 4+ months he just couldn't remember the exact date they hatched

6. gunnarmcc

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    Any other thoughts? JG or orp?

7. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    because of the leg colloring, im thinking jg.

8. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    My blue orps have black legs. And I KNOW they are orps [​IMG] They are like black orps: They are born with white feet and black legs, and gradually the feet turn black but the toenails are still white. Not the same as Buff Orps at all. It's Buff Orps with the pink legs, not Blue, black, splash or lavender. Interestingly enough, buff orps aren't even related to the black types.

Looks like you got a pretty little Orp pullet there.

PS - and she looks like she's been in an overcrowded pen. Tail feathers gone, wing feathers trimmed at the ends to hide raggedy feathers, and overall rough. She'll pretty up fairly quickly though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  9. Zaxby's2

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Quote:Oh, my bad, didn't know that. The tail feathers had gotten me too, that's why I thought she was younger. I guess she would be around 17 weeks if she had a tail. [​IMG]

10. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    looks like my lavender or splash orp pullets [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by