Orp-Shaped Egg Basket

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by saridout, Jul 2, 2010.

1. saridout

saridout Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    DFW
    I just finished this egg basket yesterday, and it turned out so well that i had to share it. It's made out of baling wire with a copper comb and wattles.

[​IMG]

the tail is actually a hinged lid for the basket
    [​IMG]

with a simple latch
    [​IMG]

2. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    that looks fantastic!

3. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    It's beautiful! And clever. What a good craftsman you are.

4. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    I love it! Do you sell them? [​IMG]

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Beautiful [​IMG]

6. painterman

painterman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    london
    wow [​IMG] that is such a craft. ur very talented . i can understand why u posted it to share with us mere mortals [​IMG]
    wish i could bend and sculpt wire other than just paint [​IMG] . keep posting ur work plz. [​IMG]

7. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    OMG!!!!! Taking orders I hope???[​IMG] Name the price![​IMG] Great job!

8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

OH WOW ! ! ! That is just beautiful! I agree with the above .... are you taking orders?

9. saridout

saridout Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    DFW
    thanks everyone! i really appreciate your kind words [​IMG] as much as i'd like to sell them, this one took me two weeks to make. if you've really got your heart set on having one, PM me and we'll talk. i'm thinking of making some smaller items that a little more manageable, labor-wise. any ideas? i've made pecking bird pendulums in the past. would there be interest in chicken pendulums, shaped like specific breeds? here's an example:

[​IMG]

10. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh wow! Those are all just totally cool!! I love it! I'd give my eyeteeth to have a the basket myself! Oh if only I had been born rich instead of beautiful! [​IMG] I'd be having me one of those baskets for sure and you could completely name your price!

So, I just have to ask....are these all just straight out of your head? Or did you find some nifty craft book with patterns and instructions in it someplace? Inquiring and crafty minds really want to know! Time I have....money...not so much! [​IMG]

Regardless, those are absolutely beautiful Saridout! Good work, keep it up and please do continue to post pictures of your creations. They're positively inspirational!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by