Orph peeks my White Silkie's shoulder

zonamiss

In the Brooder
May 20, 2015
Hi there,
I have a buff orph chick ( just purchased a couple days ago) and she is supposedly 2 weeks old as well as my white silkie. Both are purchased from Diff feed stores. However my white silkie came with a couple small black spot areas. Well low and behold one of my Buff orphs was caught peeking at it last night a early this morning only when the light was on. Now my white silkie is missing some feathers in the same area and it looks like a scab has formed. No blood, I actually thought it was stuck on poop as they all walk and lay one one another. I have 6 babies together: 2 silkies (white and black), 2 RIR and 2 Buff Orphs. I'm at a lost at the moment as to what is going on. Do I separate? Do I bathe the silkie? do I remove the 2 silkies so one is not alone? I do not have a red light on them yet but I use the mama heat pad method in the tote currently until I can make a stand for my lamp as attaching it to my tote freaks me out. The first day home they all got along so well. Hopelessly lost here :(
Please note the picture on my phone was from the day I brought them home. You can see on the white silkie above the little black one the black next to her shoulders. That's what the Buff has been pecking at.

Thanks

Is the black spot just basically a birthmark?

Maybe try some vaseline on it to help healing & make it not taste good..

Yes that was what i was thinking... However now the spot is much larger as my buff orph has been peeking at it.

Would Bag Balm work well, as its an ointment like Vaseline only better? I do not have Vaseline but I do have Bag Balm. That stuff taste horrible.....

I will gently wash the area with some warm water and apply the BB

This is what it looks like now. I catch them picking at both silkies feet feathers too. So frustrating. Why won't the get along????

I layered a nice cover of bag balm under her wing and top of her wings. Because it made the area darker now now all of them pecked at her and then shook their beaks and rubbed them on the towels to wipe off the bag balm

Back
Top Bottom