1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Orphaned Pot Bellied Pigs Help!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MuckBucket, Aug 14, 2011.

1. MuckBucket

MuckBucket Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Tucson
    I posted a couple days ago wondering if my pot bellied pig could be pregnant, you were all a great help and last night she had babies. However I do beleive they are premature and she wants nothing to do with them. I thought perhaps she was just nervouse with me around, she is still very shy, sio I let her be for about four hours and checked on her and the babies were all scattered, cold, and most of them dead. What should I feed them...they are very hungry, she will not let me milk her, what is another option?

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Please post back on your original thread about this ASAP-because alot of folks are waiting for an update and could probably help you--when folks post on threads they have links that lead them back to all threads they posted on and that will help you alot--Im sorry I can't you more I know nothing about piggies:(

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Do you have any nipples and a bottle? if not go to a feed store and try to find some. For a bottle you can use a normal small plastic coke bottle. Also for milk you can feed them cows milk out of the frige for a day or so but try to get ahold of some goats milk from the store thats the healthiest thing for them. Hope I helped.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    also on your other thread please post back in title EMERGENCY-mom abandoned babies!!!! HELP I listed a bunch of sites to link and read real quick to help you on baby feed and care

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    You can feed them human baby formula, and they should be able to suck from a normal baby bottle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by