orpington ameraucana cross ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cleigh9579, Sep 21, 2010.

1. cleigh9579

cleigh9579 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2010
    arlington TX
    I have mixed chicks and was wondering if any one knows what color eggs they may lay. They are buff orpington / ameraucana crosses. Thanks

2. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    If they have pea combs, you could expect bluish or greenish eggs.

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    would be EE's and you could get browmn, green, blue or pink.

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:most of mine have pea combs & lay brown [​IMG]

5. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Quote:most of mine have pea combs & lay brown [​IMG]

That's no fun! There are certainly pea combed breeds that lay brown... I've been lucky with my hatchery EE's, that they all lay blue/green. My pure Ameraucana crosses do too...

6. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I have 6 EE's, all pea comb, and I'm getting 1 taupe, 1 blue, 4 greens in various shades. It's why I wanted them, I like the surprise!! The bird in my avatar lays the big taupe egg.

7. RandyAruba

RandyAruba Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2014
    Hallo everyone i have cross breed of orpington/ameraucana she does have light green to yellow leg and have a single comb and she lays turqoise colored eggs(blue/green eggs) today have 2 agian hatching and I crossed a isa brown to a ameraucana rooster ( a layer chicken like isa brown does not have a true stantard original breed) which makes then capable to produce good easter eggers with the features of the AM rooster allthough they turn to be easter eggers may also lay olive eggers depending on how deep the darkbrown shell of the layer is, I crossed a buff brahma with my white and wheaten AM Roo about 4+/- weeks ago today they are hatching I Hope they turn realy beautyful heavy breed, today i'm crossing my AM roo to a barred P rock hen and my barred P rock roo to one of my AM hen and their ofspring i will than cross breed again to see 3 generation how they turn to be (all my chickens are stantard breed) the only bantams I have are silkies which is also planned to be crossed to one of my AM roo just to see what they will produce and because one of my friends asked me to sell her a easter egger silkie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by