Orpington Bantams?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mr. Ree, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    Was wondering if anyone knew of a breeder that has some good Orpington Bantams? Something show worthy. I am wanting to work with my Cochin Bantams and Frizzles or course, but want to try something else as well. And I really like the way the Orpington Bantams look. Id prefer anything but Buff, but if thats all I can get then so be it. And I would like to maybe cross them over a Cochin frizzle and make some Bantam Orpington frizzles. That would be really cool. If anyone has anything or may know of someone, please let me know. Thanks.

~Casey

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Casey - I am pretty sure Adkins on the other site (Yuku) has bantams. Her name is Michelle. I would try her, as she obtains her stock from show breeders. Good luck.

Edited to add..she's on here too as user adkins90 and last I heard she has black, but you'd have to ask her to be sure.

Jody

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I think Kingscalls on here has them.

4. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Casey....What color are you wanting? I have Black, Blue and Splash right now. I am getting a few Buff's in about a month. I have a list of about 9 people wanting eggs as of right now so, it could be a while until I could get to you with eggs. I have a few chicks that I am planning on keeping for myself but, I could get you started with a cockerel or two and get you a couple of pullets a little later. How close to Knoxville are you? Just let me know.
    Have a great day, Jeff

5. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Casey, Here's a few pics.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    jmhappycowboy AKA James has some. He got his stock from show stock... meaning, they were actually shown and have won. Not sure if he's selling any yet though.

Stacy

7. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    I would like Black. Work with those for awhile and see what happend before I add other colors. I am in no huge hurry to get them, was just wanting to plan ahead. Was wanting to get some around April-May, but want things planned out before I get the to make sure I can actually get some.

KingsCalls, your birds look very nice. I am about,....3-4 hrs from Knoxville. I am actually going to be in Newport in early April for the all cochins show. maybe we could get together at that show or somewhere close by? I would prefer to pick them up or some eggs and not have to deal with the stress of shipping or the expense portion of it. Let me know if that would be a good time for you?

~Casey

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by