Orpington Brahma Crosses

Anagakak

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Does anyone have any pictures of a Light Brahma/Buff Orp cross?

Do the F1's have feathers on their legs? If not, will breeding F1 crosses bring the feathers back in the next generation?

Do they have the fluffy orp feathers, or the smooth brahma feathers?

How are their personalities as compared to the parent breeds?

How do they lay compared to the parent breeds?

Finally, how do they compare to the parents in terms of size, both real and perceived?

I have had Blue Orp/Buff Brahma crosses. They are huge with pea combs. The males get lots of gold in their hackles, back and wings and the females are solid black or blue, sometimes with feathers on the legs and sometimes not. They are feathered more like a Brahma, in my experience. Let me check for pics and get back to you. I have one of the hens, my Glenda, who is black, with yellow legs with feathers. Glenda is friendlier than her mama and is the broody type. She is a good layer and a very hefty lady.

ZuniBee, who is a member here, has some adults he hatched from my eggs. Here is the link with clickable pictures: http://zunibeefarms.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=54&Itemid=81

Here
is my Glenda, the only one I kept.
DCP_0482.jpg

I hope Seminole Wind doesn't mind me posting this pic she sent to me of one of the sons of my Blue Orp and my Buff Brahma hen. (if you do mind, Karen, I'll remove it) The cockerels are impressive in size with interesting color patterns.
SuedeSon.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom