1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Orpington Breeders

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by McCoysOrps, Mar 11, 2014.

1. McCoysOrps

McCoysOrps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN
    This is a thread where you can talk about and show off your orpingtons rare or not! I have 14 buff orps and I have 9 bbs orp eggs in the bator and I have 12 black orp eggs on the way I also have 14 black copper marans in bator! Yay!

2. Searsmom

Searsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2014
    Dandridge, TN
    What is it about BO owners that we have to have Marans too?

3. McCoysOrps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN
    No just because I have marans too I just put it up there you can talk about any breed though

4. Searsmom

Feb 8, 2014
    Dandridge, TN
    Oh, I didn't mean it in a negative way. It's just, I started with BO and just got my BCM chicks yesterday! It seems to be a fairly common coupling. Like there's a subliminal connection between BO and BCM.
    [​IMG]

Sweet ladies - and one creepy EE.

5. McCoysOrps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN
    They are so cute! :D [​IMG]

6. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Cute, I too have both orps and marans. They are both awesome birds.

7. Searsmom

Feb 8, 2014
    Dandridge, TN
    Here's the Marans
    [​IMG]

8. McCoysOrps

Apr 27, 2013
    Mt Juliet TN
    So cool! :D

9. chickenaddict99

chickenaddict99 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2014
    They are so beautiful!

10. Teacher'sPet

Teacher'sPet New Egg

Apr 24, 2011
    Hello, All! I'm a kindergarten (gifted education) teacher in Brooklyn, NY. For the past 23 years, I've had a Spring science project of learning about the life cycle of chickens. My school had a project hatching and re-introducing ring necked pheasants to historic Brooklyn Green Wood Cemetery. For the past two years my class has incubated Black Jersey Giants and given the chicks to my dear friend who lives in suburban Long Island and who keeps several breeds of chickens, runner ducks, and three dwarf goats. She is a well known dog fancier and breeds and shows Border Terriers and Havanese.
    This year my friend has requested Buff Orpingtons, a breed she dearly loves because of their gentle personalities.
    Would you be able to recommend someone who sells fertilized Buff Orpington eggs?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Sincerely, Alison

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by