Orpington+EEs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by phasianidae, Dec 31, 2010.

1. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    post pics of your Orpington EE crosses, here are some of mine: his mother a white EE and his father a Buff Orpington[​IMG] same father as the previus rooster, her mother a wheaton/duckwing EE:[​IMG]

2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Ok, I love this cross. I am currently using a Splash Orpington over Hatchery EEs – this is what I have been hatching.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:Beautilful! I'm supprised they don't have pale legs! Mine always do.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  4. footballcoachmiller

footballcoachmiller Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2009
    Dandridge, TN
    I crossed a buff orp. roo with several EE hens ( 2 gold duckwing color and a tan colored one) and all of the males came out white and the females all where a buff color. They all looked just like the pics minnesotachickenbreeder has posted of the white roo and the buff hen.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  5. phasianidae

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:Do you have pictures?

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    hmmm my lav orp roo is mating my EE hen--wonder what that would look like?? I might just have to add an egg or two to the next batch!

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I've made a bunch of cochin EEs lately (ameraucana x LF cochin) and I just love the butt fluff. I have used orps in the past but sold most of the babies. Kicking myself for that now. Nice pics guys! [​IMG]

8. HorseFeatherz NV

Quote:Thank you.

I believe your pale legs come from the Buff Orpington. My Splash has slate legs so when crossed with the EE the chicks carry the slate leg.

I like me a large bird, and my heritage Orp really puts some size on whatever hatchery stock he is mixed with. Of course the extra fluff just makes me giddy [​IMG]

9. HorseFeatherz NV

Quote:Oh - interesting. You could cross his daughters back to him for some possible lav EEs. [​IMG]

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Oh - interesting. You could cross his daughters back to him for some possible lav EEs. [​IMG]

ooh very interesting!! I could do that!!! OK then I guess Ill save a few eggs this week:) want some????

and your birds are very beautiful!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by