Orpington hen acting strange, What should I do?

Raccoon lady

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
My 2 year old lavender orpington hen is acting strange since earlier this day. She isn't making as much sound at all, she's barely moving around, and when she poops, its almost nothing. Shes the only one out of my six hens that's acting weird. I dont know what she has, so I haven't given her anything. What should I do?

How is she doing?

Has she laid an egg recently?
I'd start with working on getting her hydrated and give her Extra Calcium.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

How is she doing?

Has she laid an egg recently?
I'd start with working on getting her hydrated and give her Extra Calcium.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.
she's doing better. she hadn't layed an egg in a few days and then she did, so maybe that was the problem. thanks for helping though!

Keep an eye on her for a few days, if she seems to be having trouble again, then give her the calcium. Sometimes an egg that is hard to lay can kind of back things up, and she could possible have another already in the pipe, so to speak. The calcium helps with contractions if she's having difficulty. Hopefully it was a one time glitch and she'll be fine now.

Back
Top Bottom