Orpington hens wanted in eastern SC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pudellvr, Jun 10, 2008.

1. pudellvr

pudellvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    Buff, Splash, Blue or Black no particular preference. I would like to pick up in July or August. I would consider young chicks as well. This would start my backyard flock.

Thanks,
    Trish

2. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    You should visit the auction in Jefferson on Saturdays. I'm sure you can find buffs there.

3. pudellvr

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    Based on my research here, I would rather purchase my first flock from the fine folks here. I am not real good at auctions and that is a fur piece to go for a maybe. I would also consider Red Star's or Red Sex-links also maybe a Dominique.

Thanks

4. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Well, it is really hard to find blues, blacks and splashes around here. Buffs aren't as rare, but the others you would probably have to have shipped as eggs from someone on here. Right now it's too hot to safely do that IMO, unless you have a really reliable mailman. I may be able to get you some buffs from a close friend. All I have right now is pekins, Golden Comets and games for sitting. I know he has some buffs that are a few months old and some adult ones. He has the nicest buff orp roo I've ever seen. I'll check with him and get back to you. He also has a beautiful SLW roo that I know is up for sale. Let me know if your interested. He is at the M. Beach until Sunday, but I could let you know after that.

5. pudellvr

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I live an hour inland from Myrtle Beach!

I can't do roos d/t livin in the burbs and dh would kill me. He thinks I am crazy already! Thanks though. Maybe one day.

The others sound like a possibility.

Thanks again

6. sunshineinsc

sunshineinsc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    columbia,sc
    I just got a couple of 4 month old Buffs from a woman in Chester. not sure how far that is from you. If you want I can get you her #.

7. pudellvr

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    Thanks, I would appreciate that. You can pm or email me with it.

Trish

8. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Im incubating eggs right now from Aiken. It doesnt really matter in this case, but I just wanted to chime in!

9. pudellvr

Jun 6, 2008
    Florence, SC
    My Coop
    what kind of eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by