Orpington Pic Fix. Mottled, Blue, Splash Black. Pic Heavy Taken today

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BamaChicken, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I just love the Orps. If you have young ones just wait till they hit about two years of age. It is amazing how they continue to fill out and get more beautiful. Here are few pics from this morning that make me smile.
    [​IMG]
    Blue Boy and some of his girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This Blue hen just turned a year old. She should be awesome in another year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Won't have these buffs much longer. I am giving them to my mother as soon as we can get her pens repaired.
    [​IMG]
    Black typey girl
    [​IMG]
    Mottled Cockeral who was black till he was three months old
    [​IMG]
    Splash Hen 2 year old
    [​IMG]
    Splash Roo with girls and blue blue hen and that's all folks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks for posting. Cynthia and I were just talking about splash versus mottled on another thread. Any ideas on my roo? Actually, he may have come from the batch you sent me in April. (I order two around the same time, hatched a week or two apart and I can remember whick of the two he was). Same with my blue hen that I LOVE.

Love looking at your pics you post!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiffany

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Hey Julie ..Those are very nice... my black rooster is become very typey that I hatched from your chicks...

Go look at Tiff's rooster in Breeds that she posted on a wanting Splash Orp post by someone else and see if he looks mottled or splash to you...

Tiff...guess we posted it at the same time!!...LOL...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Awesome pics !!!!

Can't wait to candle the eggs you sent me =0)

Julie [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Can't wait till I get my eggs from you!!!

6. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Tufff, great minds.......[​IMG]

7. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Wow I love the colors they are such pretty birds.

8. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Your not kidding. The splash hen is gorgeous. Well, there all gorgeous. [​IMG]

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Tiff, my mottled wasn't hatched till May last year. I picked him up at a week old in Fl in May. So if your gorgeous boy came from my birds he woudl have to be splash but He is Awesome. What striking marking he has. i can understand you thinking he is mottled. I am so new to the color I can;t help. Just in the learning stages. I have the mother hen now and she molted back out black. My splash chicks allways hatch silver and start coloring in with the black. Was your Roo black or silver at hatch?

10. tiffanyh

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Gosh--I cant remember. My sister in law took his for a few months to her coop and he came back recently. I thought he was light in color, if that was even him!! He is the sweetest roo. My brother named him after his boss. No crowing, just takes care of the ladies!

Thanks for peeking though! Love your birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by