Orpington roos or pullets?

the first 4 pictures all look like roosters to me--look at those tail and neck feathers, along with some dark reddening of the combs, wattles and faces. #2 might be a hen. The last single pic is a hen, and a really cute little girl is holding it! :)) Hatched in January, you should be able to hear crowing very soon from some of them.

Thank you she is definitely the cutest in all the pics :) I'm glad to hear that Pearl is definitely a female she is my daughter's favorite and is by far the friendliest - she follows my daughter around like a puppy it is so sweet. I will keep my ear out for some crowing, I haven't heard anything yet but am up at the crack of dawn with my 5 week old daughter just about every morning so if it happens I shouldn't miss it haha

I am updating this thread because I still don't know if this is a boy or a girl! All the pictures above turned out to be boys and have been crowing and doing their thing with the ladies for over a month except for this one. This is an updated picture and is orp #2 in the above pictures I originally posted. If anyone can help that would be great!

Looks like a roo to me, kinda looks like he is sick or something, the white color around his eyes, does he mope around?

Back
Top Bottom