ORPINGTON THREAD

OrpieLover31

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 5, 2012
Earth
I love Orpingtons! They are my favorite! So I want you to show me what your Orpingtons look like. Your birds can be either pure or mixed, it doesn't matter! Feel free to ask me any questions about Orpingtons! And dont forget to show me what your Orpingtons look like!

Here are mine!

This is my Buff Orpington Lizzie

This is my Blue Orpington Heny

This is my Lavender Orpington Quincy

This is my Lavender Orpington Lexi

This is Quincy and Lyla

This is Lexi

This Lyla

This is Ava

Quincy

Lyla

The next couple of pictures are of my new Lavender Orpingtons I got today!

This is PittiPat

And This is Georgette

Here they are together

here is Georgette

And here is PittiPat

Last edited:
You have some beautiful birds! I'm new to chickens completely but my S.O. has mentioned that Orpingtons are supposed to be good layers and friendly chickens. May I ask where yours came from? They are beautiful and I love all of the names you have for them :) How many total do you have?! Are all friendly?
Thanks for sharing!

Mine came from a person in Seattle who breeds rare chickens, some of them came from the Bradley Farm, And some others came from Port Orchard! I have in total 12 chickens! And yes, they are VERY friendly!

Does anyone want to post any pictures of their Orpingtons???
sad.png

I'm sorry no action is happening in this thread, I find it strange too since there are so many with orpingtons.
I think they are lovely and we have talked about owning one or two, I've so much on how sweet they can be. :)

I just posted a question about Orpingtons in managing you flock, I then saw this thread. I chose my first chicks (arriving the 1st week of May) as Buff Orpingtons. I did alot of research on different breeds and decided on Orpintons. This is my daughters and my first experience with chickens and they are said to be very gentle, easy to handle, and good mommies. My question is: I have 15 day old pullets ordered, how many roosters do I need to make babies? Thanks for the help! Any tips and secrets you all are willing to share about Orpingtons, will be greatly appreciated!

What I'm reading around here is 1 roo for at most every 5-8hens. But if you have 15 then 1 good roo should do the job, you don't want to many as they could develop fighting for pecking order and they could over breed the hens. I would personally have one, but please take my advice with a grain of salt though lol I'm still so new to chickens.

Last edited:
What I'm reading around here is 1 roo for at most every 5-8hens. But if you have 15 then 1 good roo should do the job, you don't want to many as they could develop fighting for pecking order and they could over breed the hens. I would personally have one, but please take my advice with a grain of salt though lol I'm still so new to chickens.
Sounds about right to me!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom