Orpingtons from BamaChicken (Julie)

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
In lateMarch I recieved blue orp eggs from bamachicken. In that batch were some eggs from her mottled pen. Of all the eggs that hatched I had a huge run of cockerals. In the end I have 1 cockeral and 2 pullets.

bama1a.jpg

Can you see how their color appears to be very similar? Love the lacing on those feathers.

bama1e.jpg

Nice dark pullet.

bama1f.jpg

The cockeral is nice to look at too.

bama1d.jpg

Here is the surprise -

One of the eggs that hatched was from the mottled pen eggs. I banded her leg and kept it banded so I could tell her apart from everyone else.

bama1b.jpg

The camera flash really washes her color out.

But look real close -

bama1c.jpg

I don't know what I am seeing here, Julie.

Can you see the white spots in the feathering?

Have I got something to get excited over?

Do I have a chance at an orp with Bama color?
love.gif

Wow, that is some unusual color pattern. I can't wait to see her completely filled out. Those all look like they will be a nice size when they finish filling out. I thought I notice that pattern on one of Just Likes to Hatch's birds the other day when I was down looking at all they hatched. They have over 70 birds and about 50 on the yard so it was hard to stop and look at one in particular. I will go look again when the rain passes thru here.
Keep me posted on that pullet please.
Beautiful

The only blacks I have are a cockeral and a pullet from TOH's BBS and 3 little black babies I just hatched from Mosby and Bonnie's eggs. I do not have pure blacks but I have been looking for them. Maybe when Sara's get up to laying age she will sell me some eggs.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom