Orpingtons - My Black and My Red Cockeral

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
I wanted to show you my first hatch of this year of orpingtons I got as eggs from Tuffoldhen back in February of this year. They are 20 weeks old tomorrow

Curly was my baby. I helped him hatch and his big ole feet had problems from being stuck in the egg. He wore boots for a few weeks. After a while out in the big world his toes curled up and I couldn't fix them.

Curly 1 Day
curlytoes1.jpg

Curly 20 weeks
curly20wks1.jpg

curly20wks2.jpg

Big Red was a mix baby from a blue orp roo over a buff orp hen. He was born instantly different from any of his hatch mates. Someone has plucked his tail feathers in the last 3 days.
hmm.png
rant.gif

He stood out like a sore thumb from day 1. Bless his little red headed self. I love him. He graduated to the main laying house and is the flock roo for now. I would like to breed him back to some black hens and see what color develops.

BigRed 1 Day
9b.jpg

BigRed 20 weeks
bigred1.jpg

bigred2.jpg

These are the black cockeral and pullet and splash cockeral from the same hatch I plan to keep.
blacksplash.jpg

This is the other Blue in need of a new home
blueboy1.jpg

blueboy2.jpg

They are growing well. I am very lucky to have these. I am hoping TOh will give me some more eggs this fall with that same buff hen in the pen with her big blue roo. Flaming Red orps would be fabulous. LOL

Flaming red I reckon!!..That's one big bird....All those boy's are lookers...Curly sure is Handsome....it really is sad about his feet, he has a nice comb......fooie...

Here's hoping we have lots of buff eggs!...lol

That splash cockeral has nice markings...

Last edited:
I love Big Red..that color is awesome!
love.gif
They are all handsome boys.

Jody

OMG... Miss P! What beautiful looking boys you have!
smile.png
Yes, too bad about Curly's toes... is that something that would be passed on, or is it going to keep him from passing on those genes? That would be so sad!
I wish I could take the Blue...
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom