Orpingtons - what colour??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Jan 5, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have the belgian name for the colour but when translated i dont think its right...what do you call these colours in english please?
    i have a post going under the genetics thread about breeding these guys but think it would help if i had the proper colour names?

thanks

Janna - 'parelgrijs'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saartje 'blauwgezoomde'
    [​IMG]

Goliath ' koekoek split parelgrijs'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. DMSrabbit

DMSrabbit Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Pardon my ignorance, but is that a "lavender" one (second or third pic)? I don't know a ton about Orpington's (other than buff), but that may be one of them.. I wish i knew more, they are striking birds [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Oh I wish I could see. The pics are blocked by the work computer.....apperently photobucket is a drain on the CO's bottom line [​IMG]

4. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Quote:the 1st 3 pics are the same bird.....(taken in shade and in sunlight) on the genetics thread the other poster refered to her as lavender so think she is [​IMG] apparantly breeding her to my cuckoo roo (who carrys the lav gene) will not result in many lavender offspring which is a darn shame [​IMG]

5. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Quote:sorry you cant see them...... [​IMG]

6. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:sorry you cant see them...... [​IMG]

I'll check them out when I get to my personal computer. No blocks on that one.

7. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    The first 3 pics are lavender cockoos, the 4th is a blue(in europe blues are called blue laced since most blue varieties have darker edges on the feathers) and the last is a cockoo split to lavender.

8. scbatz33

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Ah Ha! I can see them now...and what they said......although the last one I would have just said cuckoo but since I saw your other post.......

9. FarmerBoy24

FarmerBoy24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Moreno Valley Ca
    The first one is Lavender, just a lighter lavender. The second one i'm guessing is a cuckoo cuckoo color.

10. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I wish I could call them - MINE! My color there, and my color here and oh yeah - thats my color a bit father over there. [​IMG]

Mine, mine, mine --- oops, sorry got a bit carried away. [​IMG]

Beautiful - the color variations that you have on the other side of the pond. I am not a gushy lav fan - but the size of your lav girl - she just knocks my socks off. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by